Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Fuel

We eat mostly veggies, rarely meat, some whole wheat breads, and that is about it. We became vegetarians before our son was born. Once he was born, we quickly found out he couldn't have dairy products (not even a pat of butter in our veggies). At the same time Jason began reading The China Study.  A great read about how much healthier you can be with a vegan diet based on some really good research.  

We quickly became the vegan eating Jones family. I would like to tell you it wasn't hard, but it was. I was a nursing mother. We worked out a lot at the time. And damn I was hungry. People would ask, "What do you eat?" We ate a lot, it was a lot of good food.

We have added a little bit of cheese in our diet. Jaysop enjoys pizza with a little cheese. He seems to have grown out of his severe intolerance. But pretty much we like our diet now. Food taste better!

Here are some meals I have prepared for our workout fuel:

This summer we made a lot of pesto.
I swear it is just as good without cheese. I like to add a little green onion.


I think I might have posted this before.
We make tacos with onion, cilantro, beans, and guacamole.


Lil' J is eating quinoa, with lima beans, okra, and corn.
He doesn't even know about mac and cheese.


This potato leek soup (made with soy milk) with cabbage, green beans and corn.



A pear, pecan, capers, and a little blue cheese tart.
I got fancy one night.

Pretty much we try to eat simple food with lots of veggies, nuts, and fruit. I enjoy cooking. I like to challenge myself by using just want is on hand...and rarely with a recipe or plan.

And that is our diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment